Monday, December 8, 2008

read, read, read

My stack of to-read books is getting taller. Ahhhhhh. I know, you thought I was going to complain. Not me, not when I have something to read. I only complain when I DON"t have something to read.

The newest additions? Well, Charlaine Harris was recommended by some friends, who promptly but a stack into my hands. They were the same ones who recommended the Dresden files books, which I am still enjoying. A teacher friend from school recommended the latest craze of Vampire books to me as fun, light reading. She lent me Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer. Yeah, you know the movie just came out. Probably won't watch it at the theater, but depending on how I like the book, I may get the DVD.

We actually got the tree up and decorated this evening, so our house is looking more festive, now. Kind of ... I don't know what... we have boxes and boxes and boxes of decorations, but only a 4.5 foot tree. Hmmmm. Yes, some purging is in order here. Some of my strings of lights are older than I am, and may not be safe any longer. Some of the glass is priceless - at least to me. Now that we can organize, that would seem a logical "next" on the list. But tomorrow. Not tonight. Tonight, I get at least another chapter.

1 comment:

Fran said...

You'll have fun with Charlaine, and when you finish those, I've got several authors for you. Yasmine Galenorn, Kat Richardson, Wendy Roberts, Caitlin Kittredge, Carrie Vaughn. Oh my yes.

It's hard giving up the old Christmas stuff, isn't it? I lost a lot of mine in my move from Minnesota, and while losing some of it breaks my heart, it was probably a good thing. Still, I wish I'd had the opportunity to choose what to keep. Enjoy the memories that go with your purge!