Sunday, December 21, 2008

i've been ruined

OK, so 1941 isn't Spielberg's masterpiece, but its a fun movie to not take seriously at all... only... Tonight as we were watching it, all I could think of was how one of the main characters reminded me of the boys in Drake and Josh. Yeah that insipid, horrible kid's show that I try to avoid. My daughter even tries to avoid it. But, they seem to play the commercials for it non-stop, even during Spongebob, which she does watch.

Now, as if that weren't bad enough, I noticed some inconsistencies which in previous viewings I had been able to overlook, like that the two guys in the ferris wheel car somehow trade places about midway through their shift, even though no one is there to work the ferris wheel and let them out. Hmmmm... Then there is that great scene where the ferris wheel rolls down the pier and into the ocean. Wouldn't the lights go out right about the time the thing disconnected from the pylons (or whatever they call those things holdin git up)??? Nope, they are still lit all the way down the pier and into the water. That's some extention cord.

Want to know the worst thing? I couldn't keep these observations to myself. About the time the ferris wheel hit the water, Ron & Carl were ready to throw things at me. Not big things, no, but still. I think the only thing that stopped them was the thought of cleaning it up later. Still, they did complain that I was "ruining it" for them. My bad. Sorry, guys, but I just couldn't help it...

1 comment:

Fran said...

There are just some movies that beg for commentary. Obviously this was one of them.

Still, I suppose we've got to behave when other people are enjoying the movie. At least the first time!