Tuesday, December 9, 2008

fun, fun, fun

You know, I'm having so much fun with yarn, I can hardly stand it! I keep thinking of more things I can make for people. I don't think I'll have time to create them all, so I will try to finish what is on my plate, so to speak, at the moment, and then move on to other projects after the holidays. Its kind of like that stack of books, in a way. Comforting to know I have another project waiting in the wings. Just because I finish something doesn't mean I have to stop! I'm also not working on any one big thing, but a lot of smaller things, so they go pretty fast. All my Jayne (you know, from Firefly) hat needs now is a tassel. Wow does it need a tassel. Its been a really long time since I knitted anything, and I think it turned out OK.

I'm playing with the dragons, more, too. Experimenting with some variegated threads. I always like the way variegated threads look on the skein. I'm often disappointed in how the colors pool though. Its rather frustrating. I'm mixing some with rows of a solid in the color scheme, and it looks pretty cool on these. Hey, at least _I_ like it, and since I'm the one making them, and no one gets to make much in the way of a request, it goes how I like it. Anyway, I'm also experimenting with some decorative stitching on them as well. Nothing too fancy, and definitely NOT lacy, but still, variety adds interest for the crafter.

I hope to actually take a moment or two and take some pictures soon to post. In the mean-time, I'm having Waayyyy too much fun with it.

1 comment:

Fran said...

How great that you're having such fun!

When do we get to see pictures? You have to have made something that's not a gift, right?

Please? *insert silly pleading face here*