Tuesday, March 17, 2009

outcome



OK, here are the crafts that you've been waiting for. I know, I know... I have to pile all the pictures into one post instead of spreading them out, and prolonging your... enjoyment.

If I remember right the first thing I write about should be the last picture I add. So we'll try that and hopefully it will work. I'll talk about the socks first, I really liked the blue/grey stripey yarn that I made these out of, but with the twists, it looks pretty busy. One of the reasons I was thinking about a plainer pair next time. The yarn i got for those is browns and blues. If I find some solid color, at a reasonable price, I'll be picking that up for a future pair.

The fuzzy dragon ends up looking kind of blobby. He's so much one color that he just kind of disappears into the fuzz. I'm thinking of putting a neck frill (along the lines of a tricerotops) in a lighter color to frame his head and make it stand out. I think I have a lighter blue, but maybe red or gold would be good. So there you have it.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Thank you!

Are the socks kinda knobbly and textured? It looks like they are.

And yes, Fuzzy Blue may look a bit of a blob there, but he's seems to be a fun-loving blob, and of course everyone knows pictures add weight! If not substance.

Thank you again!

Dina said...

Yes, the socks do have a texture. It is a very simple one, knit 4 purl 4, but you transfer the last stitch to the next needle so it creates the spirals. I think it may feel funny, at least at first, but not too bad. At least it hasn't been too distracting yet.