Saturday, March 28, 2009

spring break pulling to a close

Of all the things I write about doing - or wanting to do - this is something I could easily not do. End spring break. There are people who live for their jobs, but I am not one of those. I mean, I like my job, I don't dread going, nor do I have anxiety attacks while there. There are just so many other things I could be doing. Or not. (Oh, yeah, the lazy person in me is ALL over that). So, I work because I enjoy the lifestyle that affords. Roof and solid walls, running water, heat, cooling, electricity for my toys and other amusements, and let's not forget regular meals. Oh, sure I could spend more, but my needs are fairly simple, and I'm happy if they're met.

For now, that means gainful employment. Sometime in the future, maybe not so much. I also keep churning in my mind the possibilities if the economy goes further south and even teaching becomes a laid-off career. There are possibilities, my friends, possibilities, I tell you. In the mean time, I will enjoy tomorrow, and do the usual Sunday chores that will help get into that back-to-school swing. Only seven more weeks...

No comments: