Thursday, March 26, 2009

yay, vacation

Raine and I had an excellent time in Tucson. We visited, we laughed, we talked, we played. Raine got to ride the horse a couple of times. I got to sew some. Well, mostly I ironed and put the pieces in order and Steph sewed. We had a blast, and Ana got a new outfit. It is very cute. I'd post pictures, but I was too lazy to get off my butt and take any. Doh! No pictures on horseback either. I planned... I took the camera... I spaced the actual taking of pictures. Sigh. I don't think my camera problems are all the camera's fault. I'm just sayin'.

It was a wonderful vacation of not being incredibly busy, of accomplishing a few things and mostly keeping a wonderful connection with a good friend and her family. I hope that we are even passing that connection along to the next generation. Our kids all get along so well. Oh, I know at this point kids are - to a point - happy to have someone to play with, and they do. Still the more they know each other now, the more chance for that lasting friendship in the long run.

I crocheted most of a dragon while I was there, too, still need three legs and embellishments. My stitches on this one are really tight, so he is a lot smaller than others I've made. I think a happy medium could probably be accomplished.

Somewhere along the drive home, getting gas, I caught the scent of the gas in my brain, and I have been smelling it ever since, in little wisps. I know it is not a real scent, I'm sitting here at the computer for heaven's sake. I hate when I do that, and usually it is a perfume scent. This is the first time for gas. Even talking about it probably means I'm tired enough to need to stop. Rest, and it will fade.

No comments: