Friday, March 6, 2009

spring greening

I noticed something yesterday morning. Little hints of green in the trees in my front yard. Sure enough many of the trees - except the pecans - had the same hints of green. The little bud are opening and the leaves are starting to peek out.

The weather has been odd. Cloudy and breezy (not quite gale force) and warm. I understand from listening to the weathermen that windy mean warmer, but the clouds! Of course they aren't dropping a bit of rain, darn it. That would be too nice.

This weekend we spring ahead with daylight savings time, and in another couple of weeks - a little later than usual - spring break arrives. The signs are definitely there.

1 comment:

Fran said...

We've had little buds and branches turning pink and red and pretty.

So it's supposed to snow tonight. Naturally.

I just talked to some of our customers who are down in Cruces, and the wind really surprised them. I'm afraid I laughed and said that's really something we DON'T miss!

Enjoy spring. We're going to be huddled under layers with a fire roaring, trying to beat back the cold.