Sunday, March 1, 2009

making habits

Today, Raine and I worked out in the yard again. We both enjoyed it and we got a good bit done in a couple of hours.

I got to thinking, that a couple of hours on days when I'm home, is pretty nice. I like being outside. I like puttering around and doing stuff. I like it when things look better. Wonder what it would be like to make that a habit? I'm sure there is plenty to do. Yardwork is one of those never-ending things, you know, if you actually DO it. And our yard could really use some doing. It got neglected and then had to suffer through the indignity of the remodel. It is basically as if we are starting over on the back yard. Not pretty. Yet. But it could be. Or at least an enjoyable area. I would like that a lot.

There is a drawback though. Or maybe I should say a stumbling block. Yeah. Did I mention I was lazy? Oh yeah. And yard WORK. um hum. While the other adults are inside the house playing computer games, I'm outside working. Yep. Childish of me to feel that whiney way. Especially when _I_ enjoy being out there. But, it happens, and I know it does. So, at least until I succumb to childish petulance, I will get myself out to the yard and use what I don't want to lose, and enjoy being part of nature... at least as natural as my yard is...

No comments: