Monday, March 2, 2009

speaking of habits

I've talked about Ravelry, a knitting and crocheting web community. Its very cool, and rather inspiring, as evidenced by my crafty Christmas just past and my pair of socks that is a little over 1 and a half finished. On of the features on Ravelry is a queue. You can plan your projects and line them up. Well, duh! Only I hadn't ever thought of it that way. I mean, here I am with a stack of books-to-be-read, only I never thought of creating a crafty queue? Sad. Just sad.

So, now I have one. I'm not just putting crafts on it though. I'm calling it my project queue. It includes refinishing and reappholstering a chair that I got from my Granny. And let me tell you, it won't be the first time that chair has been recovered, either. It's from back in the day when craftsmen made furniture to last more than a lifetime. And it's been on the waiting list for a while, too. I have stuff to sew, and more to crochet or knit, and even some cross stitch, if I can see it well enough. There may be other kinds of projects on the list as well, rainy day projects that get put off until an unexpectedly free day happens. They do, now and then. One of the things I want to do is take a sewing challenge. I have to find one, and then I'll get busy. I don't think I'm quite up to a quilt challenge, yet, but I know those are out there. I may just make my own personal challenge to begin with.

Yes, this is tied to my blog from yesterday, talking about working in the yard, and making it a habit. Acknowledging to myself that I really do like being out there, and that I should make myself happy with being out there. I know that I have issues about putting the expectations I have for myself onto others and then being disappointed when those others don't follow through, leading me by their example. Huh. Wonder why that doesn't work... Still working on growing up in ways, I guess.

No comments: