Sunday, March 15, 2009

socks done

Yep. They are finished. finito. Stick 'em with a fork, they are done, done done. Ok, so to my critical eye, they don't match exactly. I do not care. I look at things I make with that critical eye to see what I've learned in the process of making. I can notice many things, most of which I dismiss in the context of that item. Then if someone else finds that flaw and mentions it to me - not that anyone has discussed those with me - but, if anyone did, I would say, "man! you are careing too much about what I'm wearing/making! What is up with that? Let it go!" So the socks don't exactly match each other, mainly because of what I learned in the process of making them. They are perfect for what I want them for, which is basically slippers. That it is too hot for already. lol. Pictures? what pictures? uhhhh they're being developed? Nah, not really... just didn't take them yet, but I will, I promise.

We had a good visit from my brother today. He came down from T or C to pick up his daughter, who spent the night with us. He went to lunch with us, and we had a table full of family. It was actually quite nice. He came back to the house, scored a R2D2 type smoker that we don't use any more, Christmas presents that kept getting left behind, and a corned beef and cabbage lunch. Maybe it will happen a little more often.

I think it was a good weekend, all in all.

1 comment:

Fran said...

YAY! Congratulations on the socks! And there's an ancient Native American belief (no idea which tribe, but does it matter?) that if you create anything perfectly, the spirit gets trapped there and becomes malicious. So see, you're SUPPOSED to have some irregularity in everything you create! Good job!