Sunday, March 8, 2009

weekend report

First of all, we had a weekend. That, in itself, is a good thing. Some respite and some rest, and of course the inevitable chores. Saturday the wind blew and it wasn't as warm as it had been earlier in the week. It was spring blowing in, though, all day long. The wind died down in the evening, which was nice. We've had cloud cover come and go, but mostly stick around for several days. It doesn't rain, of course, since we could use it. It doesn't even spit and then blow dirt in it to get your car covered. Not sure what's up with that.

I didn't get too much done in the yard this weekend, although I did get some watering done. The pomegranate bush is looking good, and the leaves are growing. My rosebushes are looking pretty happy as well. The back yard? well... I threw some water around back there too, hoping that some of the grass will take off. OK, hoping it won't just die off completely. Didn't finish raking though. Sigh.

Got a good way on my sock knitting. Almost finished with the skein of yarn and ready to tie on the second. Each skein should make one sock, but I'm making mine a little bigger around for my wide feet.

I went and picked up a donated stash of yarn to take to school for the crafting club we're trying to start. Our benefactor also donated some knitting needles along with A LOT of yarn. Perfect for learning with, and enough to make something with! Yay!

I'm hoping that I'll be able to fall asleep in this earlier daylight savings mode. It always takes a week or so to adjust to the new time, but I think I've not napped today and may possibly be able to hit the hay when I need to. Of course, I may finish the book I'm reading first... One by Charlaine Harris called Shakespeare's Champion, which I'm enjoying, and getting near the end of. Then comes the happiness of picking my next book. Will it be the next book in the Dresden Files series? How about Sue Grafton's T is for? Another Harris? Ahhh the loveliest of dilemmas...

No comments: