Sunday, April 19, 2009

another weekend

It has been, and been a relatively nice one. There are a couple people I know feeling under the weather, and I'm concerned for them. The weather this weekend was nearly perfect, though. I went out and worked in the yard. Longer than I should have, probably, but it was sooo nice out. I saw a hummingbird flitting about one of the trees yesterday. Even when we were driving to pick up Raine, I noticed the foliage through the neighborhoods. It is no longer blooming/budding, it's THERE and green and I love it. I guess this spring, for some reason, has been an affirmation of life for me, and evidently I needed it. I'm feeling revitalized.

It was sooo nice out that Ron and I talked ourselves into taking Raine to the carnival that is visiting town. She got to ride the merry-go-round and the huge slide, but the ferris wheel will just have to wait for another day.

Now, its time for baths and putting away the last of the laundry, and all those other end of weekend chores. Plus that darned dragon is still pointing to the parts he's missing...

1 comment:

Fran said...

There's something about kids at carnivals that is a kind of magic, isn't there?

Feeling much better, thank you!