Tuesday, April 28, 2009

spider solitare

For anyone who doesn't know, (which probably isn't anyone who would actually read a blog) Spider is one of those free games that pretty comes with a computer. Or, at least with the operating system if you use microsoft. I enjoy playing spider, but I wouldn't ever have ranked myself great at it. I just play for fun. I only peven play the second level, with 2 suits. I don't have to SOLVE EVERY GAME. That wasn't really a big deal with the older version I had on my last computer. It kept track of a few stats, like how many games I'd won, and the least amount of moves for a winning game.

My new version keeps track of my win percentage. Cruel, cruel game. RIght now my win percentage is at 67%. Gah! Usually, I can keep it at 68%, sometimes in the 69% range. Once in a while, I can actual stay at 70% for a couple of games. I have no idea what other people can do with this game, but I'm kind of - when I have a moment or two to waste on thinking about it -distressed that I can only seem to keep a "D" average on this game. A D! What would my students say? (Before they shook their heads in wonder over what a geek I am.) Still it is a little humbling, and maybe that is a good perspective for a teacher to have, now and then.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I haven't played it in a while, so I had no idea! How very cruel!