Thursday, April 16, 2009

finish a good book

I've been reading (yay me). By my normal terms, I'm reading pretty slowly, because I am not spending as much time with books as I used to. More than I was for a while, but less than "normal." I suspect over the summer, my reading will increase. It usually does when I don't have things like working and reading for work to get in the way. Still.

I'm reading Sue Grafton, T is for Trespass. Probably not my favorite of her series, yet still entertaining none-the-less. I'm maybe two chapters from the end of the book, and the plot has thickened all it is going to. Now we have to see where the chunks land. I think I'll finish up here, and then finish up there.

Know what's better than getting done with a good book? Knowing there are several others waiting in the wings to be read. Yep. Got that too.

And, because I know at least Fran will want to know, here are some of the recently reads and the to-reads: Charlaine Harris, a couple from her Shakespeare series (with a few more in the to-read pile, along with the Dead series). I think I'm on book 5 of the Dresden files and that very well may be the next book I pick up, if I can find it. If not there are also some others by Lee Child that we picked up at Sam's on sale.

So, now that I've written, it's time to read.

P.S. No return of the dizziness so far, and I go back to the Dr. for blood test results on Monday.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Good to know you're not dizzy any more! Keep us posted, 'kay?

Yeah, I can recommend good mysteries, depending on the type of mystery you like.

And we're looking forward to the second Monday/Tuesday in June with joy and trepidation -- Jeffry Deaver at 10:00 on Monday, followed by Michael Connelly at noon. Then, the next day, we have Lee Child in his annual visit, along with his brother, who has a debut thriller out.

Have I mentioned I love my job?

And Jim Butcher is the only author to sign our author signature book in haiku. He's absolute class.