Thursday, April 2, 2009

crafting club

We started one at school. Another teacher and I. I've been thinking of it for a while now, but just didn't have the push to actually do it. This year, thought I've connected to several teachers who are also crafters, and that has been excellent. One of them stepped off the ledge and pulled me along into the abyss. She got the club approved by the principal, and we had our first meeting tonight.

It's a great club, too, open to students, teachers, staff and parents to come learn a craft like knitting or crochet, or share a craft they know. I happened into someone who was ready to part with some of their stash of yarn, and she shared it with me. I took some great yarn to share with the club, and a little of it (along with crochet hooks) went home with some people tonight, to practice with and on. It was great fun!

3 comments:

Fran said...

How great! When you love something and are willing to share it, there are students out there who will be influenced, and in this case, I bet you're going to be surprised at who you eventually get to join.

Good job!

Dina said...

Eventually? This afternoon, we had two students and one teacher show up and learn some basics of how to crochet. How cool is that?

Fran said...

That's pretty darned spiffy, and your numbers will grow, I just know it!