Monday, April 27, 2009

well, let's see...

A couple of quick comments, none of which fit together in any coherent way. That's my life at the moment, though, so...

Fran and Lillian, I hope the car repair is quick and smooth so that your trip can continue as planned. I wish you were going to swing through here, but, it is a bit out of the way. About a state and a half. While you are in Denver, though there is a little Mexican dive near the football stadium (near where Ron and I lived while we were there) that will give you a little taste of home. It did me. It should be on Colfax at Newton. (that's west of the freeway, AWAY from downtown) If it's still there, of course.

The new Star Trek movie hits the theaters in a little over a week. WOOT! I'm pretty excited about it, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. A teacher Trekkie friend of mine suggested that we play hookie on opening day and go see it. I doubt that my conscience will let me miss work, but it sure is tempting. I bet I get to see it the first weekend though, and other times besides.

I know there was something else, but that is the problem with disjointed ideas, they don't flow from one to the next, and soon they are gone. I'm sure it will resurface sometime after I've gone to bed, as I'm falling asleep, when the computer is turned off, and I'm not going to come in and turn it back on at that point. ahh well...

1 comment:

Fran said...

Colfax and Newton? We're staying on Colfax so even WE can't get lost! Do you remember the name at all? If not, don't worry, we're going to be out and about, taking my computer to the Geek Squad to see if they can make it work, finding soft sheets so maybe I can get some sleep, and you know, doing what we came up here to do -- pack up Ryan and visit the kids. Good Mexican food is an added bonus!