Wednesday, April 1, 2009

more the fool

My shoes are untied. Never mind that I'm not wearing any. Not even socks. Oh, and my hair came down, too. And numerous other little observations, all followed by "April Fools!" I really had to smile at Raine's not too bad efforts. She seems to have gotten the hang of April Fool's Day basics today at school.

Its more than I can say about her knock knock jokes, which seem to end with something up a tree. I'm not sure exactly why. She is finally getting the hang of "orange you glad I didn't say banana." Still often as not, it comes out "orange you glad I didn't say orange. Was that funny?" And of course, the answer is yes, even though it may not be for the reason she thinks.

The funniest things to her are still - and this may be a lifetime affliction... um, affection for her - farts. Announcing the eminent arrival of, and recapping the event for those who might have managed to miss the scene. And the fart noises. Oh. My. Goodness.

Nothing new, I know. I bet 9 out of 10 kids go through these humor finding steps. Mine just happens to be doing it NOW. LOL just doesn't seem to cover it.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Sadly, amusement at farting doesn't end as you get older. Don't even ask me how I know.

I'm glad both of you are having fun joke times. These are the memories you'll have to hold onto when she's driving you batty as a teenager!