Sunday, April 26, 2009

spongebob


Raine loves Spongebob Squarepants. We let her watch. Its cute, and silly, and there are actually some positive messages in it about being yourself, and taking care of yourself, and your family and your friends. Its also OK to be a nerd.

SO one of the schools was running a promotion, and they were going to have a Spongebob character suit, and Raine saw the commercials, and she WANTED TO GO! I thought there were worse things to do, so I figured I would take her. I was glad my friend called and reminded me, the day of, though, or I would have forgotten. Anyway, we piled into the car and drove across town, and stood in line and got to see Spongebob.

Later, on the way home, Raine asked me if that was someone in a Spongebob suit. I told her yes. I think she was probably disappointed, because of course she wanted the "real" Spongebob. Still she's familiar with people in character suits at places like Chuckie Cheese. It was still a good, and timely in the way that the lesson happened and she was the one to figure it out kind of things. You know, we all have to do that kind of realization somewhere along the line.

No comments: