Friday, April 10, 2009

a good friday

So, to get ready for Easter, Raine and I made a trip through Walmart this morning. I thought we left the house reasonably early, and there really wasn't as much of a crowd there as there could have been. Still I swear we were there for 3 hours. HOW??? I do NOT know. Yes, we got a basket full ( OK not piled to the rim, but still...) We found a one piece bathing suit that she will wear... it has Spongebob, and NO pink on it. It also has like a halter strap so she won't have to fight with straps that won't stay up. We also found Easter goodies. Yep. gotta have those. I'm not one of those people who must get some overstuffed, overpriced basket for my kid every year. In fact, she really doesn't eat all that much candy. Her choice, no our limitation on her. She still has Halloween candy in the bag hanging on the door of her room. Even chocolate in it (I think - I haven't looked lately). I am not sad about that, though... Heaven knows I have had weight issues enough, and would be glad for her to avoid some if she can. So, I thought and thought about egg stuffing alternatives. I came up with a few, and we'll see how they work.

Still, even at the trip to Walmart - which I try to stretch time between, further and further - today was a pretty good day. Didn't have to go to work, that's why. Oh, sure, the morning was blown shopping, and the afternoon zoomed by while Raine was working on building some artwork for her homework, but ahhhhh anyway.

No comments: