Friday, August 8, 2008

another favorite movie

This time it's _Big Trouble in Little China_. This is just a fun movie by John Carpenter, and I don't know about your gaming group, but this movie plays like a lot of our adventures. Jack saying he feels invincible. Not competent, just invincible. Yep, that's us. Every time combat would start, he would get side-tracked at the critical moment. That sounds like us, too. Finally, he gets that all-important critical strike, and kills the bad guy, who falls on him and he must struggle to get free. Come on Jack, make that strength roll! You can do it!

I must let my gaming geek flag fly!

2 comments:

Fran said...

I love the movie, of course, but TY was head-over-heels for it, wanted to be one of the four bad guys. Mostly the one with the hair, not the one who puffed up like a blowfish. It's such a great comic book turned movie!

Unknown said...

I love the movie, and when we saw it at target the other day I had to stop from getting it. Not the price mind you (it was really cheap), but with half of our stuff in storage, and don't want anything else in the house, and i don't want to add to the clutter.