Friday, August 22, 2008

lifstyle changes update

So. How YOU doing?

I've been working on eating right and getting more exercise for a few weeks now. After bloodwork, the Dr. prescribed a glucophage for me. A pill every morning and evening. I've only forgotten it once this week, but I don't like taking it too early as low blood sugar is much worse much more quickly than high blood sugar. Of course it doesn't work instantly. I keep telling myself that, too. I've been loosing weight, so I must be doing something right. Of course it isn't a lot yet, but I can tell it in my clothes, even if no one else can tell by looking.

I've also been conscientious about walking more... doing laps around the building I work in, so to speak. Going on walks with Raine after work. I can tell its making a difference, as I'm moving easier and feeling stronger, both of which I'm pleased with.

Still, I'm having some "digestive issues." A little queesiness off and on, and well, multiple trips to the bathroom. I don't know whether to blame them on germs picked up from the kids, as in a mild flu, or diet, or the new medication. Or???

Finally, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to people starting to notice the physical changes because of course I'll say too much or something nonsensical, or even nothing at all. I don't know what to say to whom, or how much, generally speaking. Of course I'm not doing it so people will think how great-looking I am (or think I am... or whatever), or any other cosmetic reason, although that is typically the perception when one looses weight. Of course, part of my insecurity is because this body has long been part of my security system, and I'm in the scary process of changing it. Early stages yet, but still...

No comments: