Wednesday, August 20, 2008

?????

Hear all those questions hissing faintly in the background? You thought that was white noise, but no. Questions. Whispered to myself. You see, I'm a nosy person. There are many questions I want to ask people about the things that they do, or the things going on around them, and how they feel about it. But, I know its really none of my business. So, the questions float around, just out of hearing.

Why am I nosy? Why do I want to ask all these questions? Well, it isn't because I'm a gossip, although I do talk to people about other people, it isn't to be mean or destructive. I'm a student of people. I try to figure out what makes people tick. I guess it is part of being a writer... or perhaps those inclinations to write come from my interest in people.

I have figured out, like many people finally do, that we expect others to behave the way we would in any given situation. For good or ill. But, they don't. They look at the world in their own way, from their own perspective. Its a good thing, I think. Diversity. Good and evil. All of that. So, a lot of times I wonder why... what happened? why do you think it happened that way? why do you feel like that?

But of course it's none of my business, is it. So I have to make stuff up to fill in the blanks. I do have a good imagination, and can fill in blanks on the fly... but of course there are places I just don't want to go. So. That is probably the even better reason not to ask some of those questions. Someone might just answer them.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Yeah, but now I want to know what the questions are!

Anything I can help with?

Dina said...

You help all the time. I read your blog and get to see how you work! Wait. That doesn't really sound quite right...