Friday, August 1, 2008

Dr Who

Does it surprise anyone that I like to watch Dr Who? This is no passing fancy, I have been watching this series for a very long time, thanks to public television. I have seen many, many episodes, and all the different doctors, at least I think I have. I really enjoy the current Doctor, David Tennant, and while I tend to like the companions, and think they add that "human" element to the show, I have really enjoyed Donna. She is not the run-of-the-mill cute companion. She is funny and ordinary, and not very ordinary at all. I love the attitude and the wit. *spoiler alert* So I was very disappointed with this season finale episode, Donna ended up, not only going home to stay, but loosing her memory of her travels, and regaining those memories will kill her. OK I wasn't disappointed in the story, or the ending, really. It just made me really, really sad. Everyone got something... Rose got the Doctor, in a sense (and a Doctor who got a bit of Donna - oy!), the Doctor got Rose, in the same sense. The Doctor goes on, of course, and Donna dies... but worse! I mean Rose got stuck in an alternate universe, with no return, except she does return... and Donna misses it, like she seems to miss everything. Argh!

No comments: