Thursday, August 14, 2008

not so much

There was not much of note occurring today in our household. I'm not saying that because I think it is a bad thing, in general, that's the way (uh huh, uh huh) I like it. I'm not one for daily drama. I thrive on the expected in my real life. I will take fantasy drama over the real stuff any day of the week. Gaming night is Saturday, and the fantasy drama rules.

I know people who seem to feel they should live the soap opera life. Any time their lives get too settled, something seems to "magically" happen, and they are once more in upheaval. Some one is out to get them. Their former best friend has committed the unforgivable offense. Their significant other just left them (or they left). The money is gone, the car is beyond repair, they must move. Right. Now.

Frankly that makes me too tired. I can't keep up with all of it, and I don't want to. I like routine. The familiar. The comfortable. That is not to say I am afraid to try new things, or make changes. I can, and happily, when they are for the better. I just don't have to be dramatic about it.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Isn't this the most challenging time? When you've had a perfectly lovely, normal, ordinary, uninspiring day -- which is FABULOUS on so many levels -- but it makes blogging difficult.

Congratulations on a perfectly ordinary day!