Friday, August 29, 2008

slow...

OK, it is a break from memory lane. Which was a break from other stuff. S'ok by you? S'ok by me...

See, my computer has been running slower and slower lately. Its about to drive me up a wall with its slowness. Right now, this computer makes my old Amiga look like a flash of lightning. Yep, slow. I want instantaneous, I tell you, and I want it now! I've asked Ron to look at it, and Carl to look at it, and although they start when I'm away, the computer is still plugging away at virus checkers, and defraggers when I get home. And still it's S. L. O. W.

And why am I ranting? Oh, yeah, everyone rants when their computer is slow... I forgot that there for a moment. Well, Carl said he couldn't really find any reason for it to be running slow, so what may be happening is that the motherboard may be getting ready to die. Or, maybe the hard drive is getting ready to die. OR maybe the processor is getting ready to die. Anyone finding a theme here? Yeah, me too. Time to back up and save what's important. Which I actually have done, now, thank you very much for asking.

Anyway, if there is no post for a day or two, coming up soon, you will know why. Something died. Something vital to the operation of my computer. In the good news department, though, it will also mean that I'm soon to get the new computer. The better, faster, stronger one (whatever that may be). In the meantime, I'll be limping and gimping along, being laggy even playing spider solitaire (see I told you it was bad).

No comments: