Sunday, August 3, 2008

new games

I'm very lucky to be a part of a good gaming group that meets regularly, usually Saturday evenings. We have our regulars, and some people who are off and on. Who is regular and who is off & on depends on what is going on in that particular person's life. Ron & I are pretty regular at this point, and so is Carl. Raine, of course goes with us, although she's not quite ready to game yet. There are generally at least 3 people, and sometimes up to 10. There are even enough people who are willing to ref that no one is stuck with the job more than he or she wants. Even so, occasionally we have a board gaming night.

Tonight was one of those. We tried two games that I had not played before. One was based on a novel by Ken Follett, about building a cathedral. The other was building a temple for Cleopatra. In both games you had to gather resources to create parts of the building. I won the first game, with the cathedral, but lost, lost, lost the other. I got eaten by the crocodile as a sacrifice to the crocodile god. Yikes... Carl pulled off a masterpiece of corrupt treachery to slide into the winning favor of Queen Cleopatra. Yes, we had a good time.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Carl did something corrupt and treacherous to win? I'm SHOCKED, I tell you. Shocked.

Heh. I always figured he was a good gamer! Well done, both of you!