Sunday, August 17, 2008

mish mash and frustration

There are several things I could write about today. It rained last night after I thought it wouldn't, and it rained hard. Then, this evening we got some more. I'm not complaining about the rain, you understand, although stopping at a drive through without an awning in the rain meant I got wet.

That would bring me to another possible topic. SO, how's that new lifestyle coming, Dina? Well, I'm working on it. Its a process and I'm in process. Some days are better than others, some meals are better than others. Sometimes you stop for frozen custard which you are the only one who isn't supposed to have any, but you are the one sitting by the open window getting wet AND paying for everyone. hmmmm.

Now, we get to the frustration part.... and that would be my computer. Lately it has been very laggy. I've talked to Ron about it, because he knows a lot more about these things than I do. I've tried the few things I know to do, you know, like run the virus checker, and defrag. Well... I started the defrag this morning, and here it was 8PM, and the thing is still going. We recently switched to Vista, and the vista defragger says "this may take a few minutes or a few hours." It doesn't make the cool chart that shows you how much is done, or puts the little colored boxes into blocks while you watch. It just says a few minutes or a few hours. SIGH. (and that's putting it politely) SO Ron stopped that defragger, and found one online for free, and started it. Before I could do anything else with the computer. Like blog. Or check e-mail. He is helpful, and I'm not saying that sarcastically. I need my computer fix! GAH! I need my computer NOT to lag while I am playing spider solitaire. I just want it to work, and I want it to work NOW! OK, so here's to a little less frustration tomorrow...

No comments: