Saturday, August 16, 2008

posting about not posting

So, yesterday evening about 9PM, a thunderstorm moved into the area with wind and thunder and lightening (of course). The power flickered off and then quickly back on, but of course the computers turned off. I didn't turn them back on. That power surge thing is just not good for them, and around here power outages and power surges are even more commonplace with that kind of storm. We got a little rain, but not much. Mostly we got a show.

Tonight the show is back, but since it is a little further to the south, watching the lightening light up the clouds was awesome. I think the lightening back lighting the clouds is really beautiful, so I really enjoyed the drive home from gaming. We had cloud cover most of the day, so the air was really cool, too. The temperature according to my computer is 72 degrees. Not bad for this time of year, and this part of the country.

2 comments:

Fran said...

I woke up last night to Ceilidh with her front paws on the bed, panting heavily. We had your thunder-and-lightning show up here and it freaked her out.

Fortunately, our was at 2 in the morning, so all electronics were off.

Unfortunately, ours was at 2 in the morning, and I'd FINALLY GOTTEN TO SLEEP!

But it was darned pretty!

Dina said...

The storm last night moved on up and we got a pretty good rain that started soon after I got in the shower. It took me a few minutes to realize that all that extra noise was the rain. I was coming down hard and noisy. No leaks though! (at least not that I know of, la la la)