Sunday, October 26, 2008

new project


A few years ago... ok, probably more than 10, and closer to 15 (I hope not 20) I crocheted a bunch of cool dragons. They are about 2-3 feet long and one of the reasons I really liked them was that each one seemed to take on a personality, and many even got named before they were given away. Yes, all but one was given away. That is what I do with things I make, generally speaking. The dragon in the picture is the one I made for Carl.

So, I would like to find the pattern and make one for Raine. I would make her other things, like dolls, or doll clothes, but she really doesn't care for them. She plays with the one I had, and she enjoys stuffed animals a lot If I made her one, then she could pick out colors, etc and have her own. Then I might, just might, get Amethyst back.

But here's the problem. The craft room. I know, didn't I say I was going to organize it during Fall break??? Well of course I said that. Didn't I do anything in there? Yes, actually, I did. I took some boxes of books out of there to my class room. I have spotted another box that can go there, too. I found a box of Lou's crochet patterns that I need to get out of the box clean the dust off of and find a home for, so I can look through them for future projects. I got some other stuff out of that room too. There is a serious dent in the stuff! but still no pattern for dragons.

I looked online for the pattern, to no avail. I mean, I found some cute patterns, and I'll be trying one of them, too. Just not the pattern I was wanting. Sigh.

Now my fingers are all in the mood for crochet and dragons. I was going to get to shop for yarn!!! But I won't until I find that pattern. I'll be good. Sad sorta, but good...

2 comments:

Fran said...

Is there a way to count it out. . .? I have no idea how to determine a pattern like that.

But what a GREAT dragon!

Unknown said...

I never realized you had made the dragons, I think they're cool. Don't give up, I'm sure the pattern will pop out. Check places you normally wouldn't, like old books, or the sewing patters.