Wednesday, October 1, 2008

opinion research

Its election season. I take this election seriously, and I have an opinion about who I will vote for, and why. I promise not to lecture you on who and what, unless you really really want me to. Please don't lecture me on your choices, unless you agree with mine, and then lets just agree to agree, OK?

I dislike politics. I think the process is too full of compromise, even though I also understand it wouldn't work without the compromise. Its also too full of selling your vote for this or that. Politicians make me feel dirty, and not in a good way. BUT I also know that if I don't vote, it doesn't really matter what I want, if I'm not willing to stand up for it. I'm registered, and I'll vote.

OK, so, that said, here come the pollers. On the phone. Night after night, week after week. They call one of us... then 20 minutes later, someone else gets a call... and later? yep. another call. Then, the next evening, it starts again. We hang up. We ask them not to call any more. We tell them how many calls we've already had that evening... It's their job, and they don't care. I'm ready for November, and the barrage of unwanted calls to STOP! In that sense - at least - no matter who wins, we'll be glad when the whole thing is done.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Heh, I stopped the local Republican gubernatorial candidate from calling here, but I didn't get to use my best shot, so I'm kinda sad about that.

We don't get those calls much. What we get are calls asking for money, not votes.

Can you simply turn off the ringer? Or turn it way down and check caller ID before you answer? It's the perfect time to leave a snarky message on the answering machine!