Sunday, October 12, 2008

a week off

OK. Get ready to hate me. I get next week off from school. Its called fall break, you know, like spring break, only in the fall. We get it at the end of the 9 week grading period. Yes. We've had 9 weeks of school already, because we started the first week of August. The week we have puts us more in line with the year-round schools in our district. Personally, I'd rather have the week in summer, but I'll take it now, if that's when I get it.

Nope, not going anywhere. No one else in the family gets this week off, just me. Oh, yes, of course I have plans... a lot of them left over from this summer, thank you. There are some books to take to Coas, and outgrown/unused clothes to take to good will. Some kid's clothes to donate at Jardin de los Ninos. It will, as usual, feel good to be divesting myself and my home of un-needed items. Hopefully, I can get some things moved around in the craft room, and get some of the boxes in there sorted out. Now that I'm doing more craft projects, I need organization! Then, there are a couple of appointments that I need to take care of. Doctor visit tomorrow, get the eyes checked and new glasses ordered. Maybe even the dentist if I can get them to see me on such short notice. I'll even get to do Raine's parent/teacher conference on Friday.

So, what do you do for an at-home vacation? I'll be watching some series on dvd and maybe work on some sewing and craft projects. Maybe even get some much missed music in the air. Cleaning? so passe, but a welcome side-effect of the organization that I'd like to get my teeth into. Finally, writing. I want to do some. So, there's my plan for the week. Does it seem like I've overplanned? Of course it does. I always do it, think of three things to do for every hour I have available. Still, with so much on the agenda, even procrastination doesn't provide boredom.

1 comment:

Fran said...

There's a lot about teaching I don't miss, but the breaks were nice.

I don't hate you, of course I don't! Of course I can barely SEE you through this green haze, but that's another matter.

For stay-at-home vacations, I read and watch movies and play on the computer. And nap.

And yeah, I try to do some of the practical stuff too, but the "I'm on vacation" mantra keeps slipping through my head, and I frequently decide it's naptime.

Enjoy it! Nine weeks down is no small thing.

And hey, whatever happened with the school/principal thing?