Tuesday, October 14, 2008

tuesday

I meant to blog yesterday, but... it slipped right by.

I got news yesterday that my sick friend had died in her sleep the night before. It was unexpected and kind of had me floundering a bit. A couple of our other friends spoke eloquently and sweetly about her, and I don't think I could add anything new. She was one of the nicest people though, and she will be missed.

Tomorrow will be the visitation, and services for her on Thursday. I will go, and lift up her memory. I must remember to be a friend to her husband, who - as he has said - is now missing his heartmate, and needs all the friends he can get. I think he has more than he knows, as he always has, to my knowledge, done just that sort of thing for those around him. It won't be an easy time for him, and my heart goes out.

The best I can wish for, for him, and for anyone is peace, hope, love, life, friendship...

1 comment:

Fran said...

Thank you for being there for him. Give him hugs from us, and let him know that he is much in our hearts. We're all lucky to have you as friend, my dear.