Friday, October 17, 2008

projects

Well, a lot of the projects I had lined up to do this week didn't get done. Didn't even get touched, some of them. Yeah, other stuff superseded. Sigh. Still I did get a couple of things worked on. I would post pictures, but THOSE, I haven't gotten to...

First, the bag that I have been crocheting is almost finished. Everything is made, and all I have left to do is sew the handles on. I'm not sure the handles as made are going to be sufficient for the bag, actually, which is good sized. At some point I may have to reinforce them with fabric handles stitched to the crocheted ones. That is not a big deal, nor will I hold that against the bag, or count it as not finished anyway. Over all I am rather pleased with the results, thank you.

Second, Raine's costume. I got the top and vest put together today. I had to reassess the cording issue. When I sewed the sleeves up, the cording at the wrist was too tight and she couldn't really get her hand through. I did some surgery and it fits better now. I decided that the ends of the cording tubes were a job that needed sewing by hand. I broke my first needle on this machine (which I love). It broke into four pieces. Yikes. It really won't take that long to do the ends of the tubes by hand. Really it won't. No pictures there yet either... patience! I want to finish the hood as well. I'm trying to figure out how to get antennae on it that will stand up as good antennae should. Any suggestions? Come on, people! I'm thinking of those headband things... and having her put that on under the hood which will be provided with handy dandy slits to push things through.

Anyway, from how things look at my house right now, I will be having Halloween as an orange glittery something... There is serious glitter EVERYWHERE.

2 comments:

Fran said...

I like the headband antennae thing, but Lillian also suggests that if you go to a sporting goods store, they might have neoprene tie-down things that can be shaped into anything you'd like.

Of course that would mean covering them in glitter. . .

Have you considered multiple headbands? Or maybe just one headband with multiple antennae attached to it?

Dina said...

I hadn't thought of the neoprene at all. Thanks for the suggestion. I had not considered multiple headbands... although the multiple antennae may be a project that Raine can work on... hmmmm.