Monday, November 10, 2008

and even monday

The day to today was rather blustery, off and on. Do you think of Winnie the Pooh on a blustery day? I do, and did. The clouds blew in and then blew away. The wind had a chill in it. We're forcasted for more of the same for the next couple of days. I bet the leaves blow down this week. The trees in our yard will be naked for the winter.

It was a nice day of not trying too hard, but getting a few things done. Got a little Christmas shopping done. Yay, me. Also did some preparation for Christmas by going through a lot of Raine's stuff, trying to get rid of some of the stuff she doesn't play with any more to make room for new stuff. She doesn't part willingly with much, but then, what kid does?

I got all the parts of the shelves out of the box in preparation for putting them together, but then I got busy in Raine's room, and there it all sat. Ron came along and put it together for me while I was otherwise occupied! I thought that was really nice, and woo hoo! they are put together and ready to load up. There was space against the wall for them, the floor all swept and everything. I'm really psyched to think that room may actually come together sometime soon. It has been a while since I could put my hands on all my crafting stuff, and my hands have missed it.

Anyway, it was a lovely day for soup, and so we had some. Beef, mushroom and barley. A hearty soup. One of the nice things about colder weather is SOUP!

No comments: