Sunday, November 16, 2008

progress

Well, I worked in my craft room for a while today. I emptied 4 boxes, and found a lot of photos, a graduation cap and gown (had to wear them for HS graduation for the high school I worked at in Colorado Springs), Outlandish Heralds and Bards, my cross stitching threads (and Lou's) and bits and pieces of fabric. I save them, you know. I may build quilts someday. Soon. Really. Still they need organization. I haven't gotten to that, yet.

I've enjoyed working on some crocheted dragons, experimenting with the pattern some to size them up a little. I'm happy with it so far, but nothing complete yet, so no pictures, sorry. Oh yeah, I found my display thing of crochet hooks. Yeah, like they have in the store (or maybe they USED to have in the stores). My mom got it, I dunno when, but I love it.

I went to Joann's on Saturday, fully ready to buy something. Calicos were on sale, some yarn, bottomweights, and patterns. They only had one of the patterns I wanted. The yarn was pretty picked over. None of the calicos spoke to me, and the only fabric that did, wasn't on sale yesterday. I ended up with nothing. And I was OK with that.

I wish my progress with weight were a little more evident. Well, I did all right with the first few months of the diabetic regime. I lost 15 pounds by the time I saw the Dr. most recently. I think it was over 3 months. I think that is a good amount of weight, and it tells me that I was mostly controlling my blood sugar. (since I have to pay for my own monitor, and I haven't gotten it yet.) Lately, though, I seem to have hit a plateau. Now, (I say to myself) don't freak out, don't go all wako, don't fool yourself. I weighed on a day that I normally don't, and liked what I saw. So, what does that tell me? Weigh on that day instead? As tempting as that is, its just a head game with myself. Think about why there would be the difference between that day and the normal day (which was back to the other weight). Water weight? Better control on days earlier in the week? I am trying for a balance of figuring out what is up, and playing those head games. The ones I don't want to play at all, but it is soo easy to fall into the trap. It was encouraging to see that lower weight, and feel like maybe the plateau is starting to slide, but I don't want to fall down the slippery slope of scale games... turn around three times and hold your breath... when I weigh myself. I do want the information to be helpful to me, and help me manage my diabetes, but I don't want to become a slave to the scales, either. SO, it is a good "test" for me. I'm not sure quite yet how I'm doing on it, though, the next week or so should let me know.

No comments: