Monday, June 1, 2009

this and that again

It took me a long time to get to sleep last night. It doesn't usually, and I consider myself pretty lucky for that. It is not a gift horse I look in the mouth of. I'm a morning person, so I don't do late nights well. So today is a little discombobulatory. And I want to be in bed pretty soon. Setting the alarm during summer break is something one does for those one loves...

The first day of music camp went well. It started off with a crowd of kids parents and more kids... not all of whom stayed. The music teacher from Raine's school was there, so I made sure we said "hi" before I left. It helped Raine that there was a familiar face, and someone who knew her name. When I picked her up, she told me all about snack time, and that they learned some songs and got to play on the xylophones - which they had a collection of - but she did not get to play the electric guitar. She had a good, musical time.

Friday, they will give a performance. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: