Wednesday, July 8, 2009

closet

So I worked on cleaning my closet today. I went through the clothes. It didn't take that long. I took some stuff out and still have to move a little stuff around. So far so good. The desk comes next, and then I keep working across that wall. When I'm done, I hope the desk will be a little more usable, and I won't feel so claustrophobic from the stuff stacked in front of the french windows/door. Of course having a door I could navigate through easily will make me yearn for the patio all the more. Sigh.

Ron made me laugh. When I told him I was cleaning the closet, he picked up the broom "Who are you, and what have you done with my wife? Where are the rest of the pods?" I could be obsessive about cleaning. I could. But, frankly, its too much trouble. Still, I like taking it all out, dusting off and straightening and organizing the way I want it. I like the books in alphabetical order by author. Albums, too... I just don't have time to get it all done. Not with all the sitting around and reading I have on the agenda.

Still, the closet will be better. The bedroom will be better. In time for school to start and me not to have time or energy to deal with it for another school year.

No comments: