Tuesday, August 18, 2009

in which i move on

Big, letting-all-the-bad-air-out sigh.

So, yesterday went well. We picked up all the stuff that would fit into my car, and some into Ron's. We'll get more stuff as it is uncovered/emptied. With good attitude and generosity. I'm sorry that Stacie is so overwhelmed, but she is. There is still so much to do.

So today it was back to school, and stepping back into the teacher shoes. Its kind of like stepping onto a moving platform that is traveling at just little different speed than the one you are on. You just have to hop on and try to keep your balance. There were some issues with students that needed to be dealt with by phone calls to parents, but when I was ready to make them, there was no one available to translate the Spanish for me. sigh. And tomorrow is going to be a crazy schedule and I probably won't have time to get it done then either. So much for timely response. Maybe I can at least get some grading done tomorrow. That would be a nice dream.

Then I wrote the checks for the bills. Why is it that paying your bills makes you grumpy? Well, it does me, anyway. You might think that would mainly occur if you were having trouble paying them, but no, pretty much anytime that stuff comes out, my cranky pants go on. The pants must be a set with the checkbook or something. Still, one more chore completed... at least temporarily.

Now if I just had the energy to deal with the dishes. Nope, not gonna happen right now. Shower. Book. Sleep. yeah, those are definitely in my immediate future.

No comments: