Thursday, August 20, 2009

profound?

I wish. I'm not even sure I can manage mildly entertaining. My mind is full of potential lesson plans with differentiated instruction included, or language accessable strategies. It is interesting to me, but I'm sure most of my readers would be asleep before the second paragraph.

I've been looking at the fall line-ups to see if any of my favorite shows have made it back for this season, and I've found a few. Dexter (even though I'll have to download them or buy them when they come out on disk), Heroes, Castle, and even Dollhouse is coming back. Yay. I caught an episode of Holmes on Homes a couple of weekends ago, when I was up early. I enjoy his show as he renovates houses that were "done wrong" and does them the way they "should be." Well, at least up to code, and safety, with quality construction techniques. He's from Canada, so I've learned something about the things you should do in cold, wet climates to protect your house from mold, etc.

We watched Ponyo at the theater last weekend. It was nicely animated, and the story wasn't bad, although you could surely see some cultural differences, when the mother left two five year olds at home with no other adults during a storm, so she could return to her job at the nursing home to take care of the old people. Didn't even take the kids with her. Nope. OK, it would have messed up the plot seriously, but still... The voice talent was excellent, and well cast. Still, if you can find Howl's Moving Castle, that's a better story.

No comments: