Wednesday, August 5, 2009

there is one, right?

Somewhere? Come on inspiration, you can't have ALL melted away in the late summer heat...

How about a post about responding to posts? Feel free to join in, here... get it? ha!

Fran's last blog - and a few others that she has written - is one she hopes that people will respond to. I did. I can't say I was much help, you see, but I thought I would do my part as a friend and write something. In many ways, I would like THIS blog - the whole thing, not just this particular entry - to be something of a conversation starter. So far the conversations are pretty short. If anyone responds, its likely to be Fran or Dev. Or spam. Fran and Dev are more fun. But not every entry gets - or deserves - a response. Not all of them call for one.

I'm becoming a little more responsive in my Facebook account. Actually initiating a comment or two, commenting on the posts of others. Getting into the conversations. I still don't do a lot of the applications or "quizes" and stuff, and I find getting e-mail notification every time anyone posts on my wall a little spam-y. OK, a lot spam-y, but I really like to be in touch with some people there. People that I don't get to talk to in my life outside the internets.

So, now, to pull this all together. What to do? I think my answer is: post. I plan to do that right about now.

1 comment:

Fran said...

It's always fun to have comments. In fact, I observed to Lillian about the number of comments I got on my recent couple of entries.

Ah, but don't be discouraged, Sweetie! It took me the better part of FOUR YEARS to finally get a half-dozen comments.

Blogs are tricky, difficult things at times, but stick with it. The comments, they will come, I promise!