Friday, August 14, 2009

its not

This weekend is not going to be an easy one. I'll be glad when I've endured it, and can go on.

First, there is my step-mother's funeral. Any funeral is not my favorite activity, and this one is no exception. We will go, and be with friends and family, and say good bye.

All the other issues are tied around that one, and I'll just have to see how they work out as they do. I've been worrying it and looking at things from this angle and that for the past week, with things running around and around in my head. Just when I think I've put it to rest... or at least settled it down some, there it goes again.

No, I'm not going to go into details here and now. Its complicated. It would possibly create some of the drama I would personally just as soon avoid. Just know that that look is in my eye. If you've seen it, you know the one. Yeah that one that means Just. Don't.

Maybe I will write about things more later on. And maybe I won't. Kinda depends on how this weekend goes.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Death brings out the worst in people sometimes, I swear it does. And funerals are never easy, but they do provide (god I hate saying it) closure.

My best advice is be true to yourself. If you piss someone off, you can apologize later if it's necessary, but sometimes you have to say what you have to say.

Just don't let things rot inside you. That's bad no matter what.

And be gentle with yourself. Cut yourself more than a little slack here. These are tough things, and you're entitled to feel shitty.

This is me, getting off my soapbox, but know you're much in my heart and mind this weekend, even if I'm not around to show it.