Monday, August 3, 2009

let's see...

School went as well as could be expected today. It was hot. Very, very hot. Even though the custodian stood on a chair and said there was air coming from the vents, he was WRONG! But hopefully tomorrow will be better, on that front. I met my students today, and they seemed like a pretty good bunch. Of course they were still cowed and amazed by being at the high school, and trying to find their way around our campus and everything, but it was a good first impression.

Tomorrow, the work begins. Sigh. Still, I have that hopeful, beginning of the school year vibe going on here. So much stuff to inflict... uh... try out with the kids. Still, the heat is very draining, and while I should be reading through some papers, I'm having a very difficult time motivating myself to do it. Hence more typing...

On a lighter note, and just to prove school isn't the only thing on my mind, the Cake Wrecks site has really been amusing and amazing me recently. If you haven't checked them out, follow the link in the link list. Oh, yeah, and I'm ready to take a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives tour of the country...

2 comments:

Fran said...

Congratulations on getting through the first day! It's always so hopeful, isn't it?

So. . .are you taking fans in for the rest of the month?

Dina said...

I have fans in the room, and they've been going. Fortunately, the custodians came back today, and really worked to make it a little more bearable in there. Still, it is less hot, not really cool.