Sunday, August 30, 2009

sunday, ahhh sunday

All the regular chores done, like the laundry and the dishes. Got some computer game time in, and arranged some for Raine (on my computer even). I even got a little sewing done - again for Raine, but who's counting...

Things that didn't get done: the grading that I brought home. I was good and got a set done on Thursday, but not over the weekend. I could have used it too, but... The papers tend to just travel with me. I so want grading to be a happy experience for me. I stack of "A" papers with only one or two mistakes here and there. Sigh. They aren't, usually. Still, the worst ones are the copied ones. The kids who copy don't even try to find someone who has done a good job to copy. Then, the copy mistakes and all. Spell a word wrong, it goes on and on. If someone along the line has bad handwriting, or garbles something... well, it just deteriorates.

So, that's the other side of the grading pyramid. The frustrating part. The part they don't talk about in teacher school... My assessment is... that you guys are terrible copyists!

1 comment:

Fran said...

I found those to be the easiest to grade. Once I had established the copying -- and had made photocopies of the copying (which can lead to a kind of rabbit hold frenzy with the whole notion of copying copies) -- I'd show each offending party the proof, shrug and give them both F's. If they gave me any back-talk, there was always the threat of principal and calls home. It never went that far.