Tuesday, August 17, 2010

two things on my list

Its been a while since Dev lent me the book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but today i picked it up and took it to school with me. Yes, it did need a field trip, and it will get one for the next while, while I read it, even in class during Sustained Silent Reading time. Dev recommended it, so I know I'm gonna like it, and even three very short chapters in, I'm entertained.

Who could resist a book that begins:

IT is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains. Never was this truth more plain than during the recent attacks at Netherfield Park, in which a household of eighteen was slaughtered and consumed by a horde of the living dead.

Certainly, not I.

The next interesting item, pointed out to me by Yahoo - and I think Fran, although I haven't yet read her sewing blog e-mail yet. In case you missed it, here is a link to New Dress a Day. Yep, my kind of blog, all right. One of those that makes me want to smack my forehead and wonder why _I_ didn't think of it...

No comments: