Sunday, September 12, 2010

sigh for sunday



Ahh, the weekend has gone by so fast. I worked on work for a lot of it, but I have a nicely stacked stack of graded papers to give back tomorrow, and a much more up-to-date grade book, too. I'm glad I have them, but I sure would have liked more weekend in my weekend.

Still, not everything was terrible. Even if Roxanne wasn't up to sewing today, and I didn't manage to claim some time to plug in the machines here. I do have some pictures of the tunic. Raine helped me out so I could take some pictures outside, in the _good_ light. It is a little wrinkle-y as it has not been hung up, and it is linen. But the fabric feels nice, and it hangs well, and I hope Ron's mom likes the result as much as I do. I was really pleased with the effect of the line of narrow zig-zag at the neck and before the sleeve flair.

I also took the time to go on a longer-than-usual walk today. Raine and I walked up the street to the desert area. They extended a road near our house, through a water retention area (yeah, geniuses, I know, but they built up a berm for the road to go on - we'll see how it works in the next really big rain, sometime in the next... 10 or so years). ANYWAY, we went and counted lizards, and looked at cacti with really big spikes, and found some rocks to take home. We both enjoyed ourselves.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Isn't linen great? And such a model you have helping you out!