Thursday, September 9, 2010

two updates, well maybe three

First, the walking continues, and goes well. Tonight Raine and I walked through Walmart. Back and forth, front and back, hither and yon. Walmart is one of those places where it doesn't matter how far you park, you are still doing less walking than you will once you are inside the store. We were doing our Good Deed to help a cousin and her husband, who are also doing a GOOD DEED.

Next, the dentist visit went smoothly. It was a little painful, but not as bad as it could have been. The dental hygienist had a numbing gel that she spread on my gums which certainly helped them. Still, one tooth or another dinged now and again, and the gel wore off rather quickly. Fortunately, she paid attention and re-applied it a couple of times. The prospect of healthier gums is a good one, and my mouth is actually much less painful even now than I expected it to be.

I also am happy to report that progress has been made on the Raine front. I am under no illusion that we are done dealing with the issues, but progress is a good thing. Progress is acceptable.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Progress is progress, and yay on all counts!