Wednesday, September 1, 2010

wednesday goal update

My goal for the past week was to walk at least 30 minutes 4 of the days. Well, I'm happy to report that I met that goal. I had to make conscious decisions to include that exercise in my day, and I did it. I also had to make the choice of sharing the goal last week, when I was talking about setting it. Knowing that I had made it public, so to speak, did help motivate me because I sure wanted to report that I had met the goal. For the next week, I'm keeping the same goal, because the 30 minutes seems attainable, but I'll be upping the time soon. Not much at a time, but an increase none-the-less.

I enjoy walking, really. It helps relieve stress for me, but I know I am inherently lazy, and don't feel like doing much when I get home from standing in my classroom 3 classes out of 4 (the other one is my prep, and I am likely out walking around at least some time during that one) except maybe sit and look at my computer screen or television. Walking is better for me, and my blood sugar, and even my energy level (or so I'm told).

OK, self, that was your pep talk for the day. Are you listening, self? Am I?

No comments: