Friday, September 24, 2010

trying again

Last week, when it was Friday, I recounted how my drive home was terrible, but that I was sure the rest of the weekend would be better. Without going into emotional details, let me just say, not so much.

So here it is, Friday again. I keep thinking that this is the four-day weekend, when really that is NEXT weekend, but we have had two days of work without classes. That sort of counts. At least in the "but darn, I still had to get up early" way. The drive home was not horrendous. In fact, because I had a switch thing changed out in my car, and it was shifting gears more smoothly, the drive was actually better than it had been. Thanks to Ron picking up my car for me on Thursday - while I was still doing parent/teacher conferences - I was able to drive it.

On the down-side, Raine is in trouble at school. She'll be working this weekend in consequence, but it is at this point calm consequence, not the raving kind of earlier. After a brief respite, evidently, the tests for this year resume. That, and Roxanne will be out of town this weekend, so I won't get to go sew with her. I'm hoping I can get some sewing done anyway. That is my plan, at any rate.

No comments: