Sunday, July 20, 2008

lifestyle

My lifestyle is a basically sedentary one... anyone looking at me can generally tell that right away because it shows all over my body. Sometimes I wish I were more driven to do stuff right now, but I can procrastinate with the best of them. No, I take that back, I live with people who can procrastinate better than me, so I end up doing whatever it is. Still, I'm lazy enough.

And I LIKE doing some of that sedentary stuff! I mean, I can be very entertained by a movie or television program. Recently we have been watching an animated show called Avatar, which is really good. I don't like commercials much and don't have the patience for them so I don't - in general - watch a lot of TV... Not like I used to, anyway. I can, however, spend long hours in front of the computer screen. Games, games, games. OK, and reading e-mail, and writing my blog, and lots and lots of other stuff...

Still, I am coming to a point of decision for myself, and the knowledge that my lifestyle must change for my health, for the good of myself and my family unit. I just have to do enough self-talk to be willing to take on the work. Where is that staff again? It seems, as usual, I am the staff. If only, if only, I could be cheerful about that...

1 comment:

Fran said...

I could have written this entry! Oh, this is SO me! I have stuff to do around the house, and I just. can't. bother. It's not depression, just sheer lack of interest. I wish I was Mary Poppins and could make it into a game.

But hey, I've got games on the computer, which is right here, and so. . .yeah.

And I, too, have got to get out and do more, for my health. I do know it. But. . .computer. Games.

I'll get to it later. I promise.