Wednesday, July 23, 2008

the weight thing

I've got to get a handle on it. I really do. I want to learn a lifestyle that will help me be more healthy, but I'm having a hard time really getting going on it. Who else is? I know I won't have a staff for it (ha ha) but a community would help, I think. Is there anyone else reading this who would be interested? I'm talking about people who are really more interested in healthy living and sharing their successes, ideas, frustrations, recipes, resources, etc. than anyone who is all about how many pounds they've lost. Any ideas??? anyone? anyone? ... Beuller?

2 comments:

Fran said...

I was walking up the stairs from the bus tunnel, and I was thinking, "This would be more fun if I had someone to talk to". Although I was listening to my iPod, so I'd've been lousy company.

I can tell you what we're doing and share successes and failures with you, certainly!

We're eating more organic stuff, and we're avoiding anything "lite" or "diet" because those are empty of the things your body really needs. It's a matter, in my opinion, of balance and proportion, not starvation which will never work.

Protein in the morning will last you longer than carbs. This we've both learned.

Anyway, that's my start.

Dina said...

Yes, I agree with you on the organic vs "diet" foods. I'm certainly not talking about starvation here... that is not a lifestyle choice I can make, obviously.

What do you do for protein in the morning? Eggs? Don't you get tired of them? I really hate having to prepare food in the morning... I want something easy, or prepared ahead (or by someone else).

I find that too many carbs in the morning is not good for my blood sugar either.

What are some of the organic things that you have picked up on and like?